- Entries are now being accepted for the second annual Growth Finance Awards, which celebrate the providers offering ‘more than finance’ to the UK’s SMEs
- 2020’s ceremony will build on the success of last year’s event, which featured 300+ guests, was hosted by Claudia Winkleman, and featured a keynote address by Small Business Minister Kelly Tolhurst MP
- Awards entries can be made until June 10 across all 21 categories
Entries are now open for the second Growth Finance Awards, the landmark annual event that celebrates the community of SME lenders helping growing businesses to thrive.
The Growth Finance Awards shine a light on a community including high-street banks, challenger banks, specialist lenders, online platforms, financial technology companies and many others. All these companies are dedicated to providing SMEs around the UK with an unrivalled array of financial products, services and support that help them to succeed.
The SME finance market is deeper and more varied than it’s ever been before. The UK’s network of growth finance providers is now flourishing, having quadrupled in size in the past few years. Over half (52%) of smaller businesses that sought finance in 2019 contacted a finance provider outside of the ‘Big Five’ banks. And the stock of SMEs is growing, with over 1,000 new businesses created every day.
The Growth Finance Awards bring this community together once a year to celebrate their achievements during an unforgettable evening. Our debut event took place in September 2019 in the Royal Lancaster Hotel, London. Presented by Claudia Winkleman, this 325-person celebration saw established and challenger banks, technology companies, and other lenders recognised for their support for the SME ecosystem. And a keynote address from Small Business Minister Kelly Tolhurst emphasised the importance of growing business health to policymakers.
Details about entering the 2020 Growth Finance Awards
Entries for the Growth Finance Awards are now open until June 10. They are open to companies, teams and individuals that can demonstrate innovation in products, services, technology and marketing; impact on business performance, customers and employees; and how they are actively deploying growth finance, enabling and supporting SMEs.
Visit growthfinanceawards.com for more information on the categories and how to enter the competition.
We will be presenting 21 awards:
- Best Marketing Campaign
- Best Customer Experience
- Best Place to Work
- Best Digital Product or Service (replaces Best Use of Technology & Digital Lender of the Year)
- Innovative Product of the Year
- Best Fund Manager
- Best P2P Business Lender
- Specialist Lender of the Year
- Venture Debt Provider of the Year
- Best Invoice Finance Provider
- Best Export Finance Product (NEW FOR 2020)
- Best Business Banking Innovation (Replaces Best Challenger Bank)
- Direct Lending Platform of the Year
- Growth Finance Leader of the Year
- Growth Finance Provider of the Year
- Impact Through Finance (NEW FOR 2020)
- Growth Finance Broker of the Year (NEW FOR 2020)
- Asset-Based Lender of the Year (NEW FOR 2020)
- Best Leasing or Hire Purchase Product (NEW FOR 2020)
- Most Successful Partnership (NEW FOR 2020)
- Best New Business (NEW FOR 2020)
The finalists of the second Growth Finance Awards will be announced in late June. Over the summer, the shortlisted entrants will go to a second round of judging by a minimum of three experts drawn from an independent panel of more than 35 judges.
All of the judges’ scores will be collated to determine the winner in each category. A personalised feedback and benchmarking report will be given to all finalists, providing them with valuable insight on areas of improvement.
The winners will be announced on Tuesday September 15 during a black-tie dinner for 400 movers and shakers from the growth finance industry.
Growth Finance Awards 2020 timeline:
June 10 – entry deadline
Late June – finalist announcements
September 15 – black-tie awards dinner and winners announced
About the organisers
At Intelligent Partnership we’re passionate about small businesses. We know that they are a vital part of the economy: creating jobs, developing new products, opening up new markets and fuelling regional and national growth.
We want to play our part in promoting the SME sector and, in particular, highlighting the investment and support available to small companies.
Through our campaigning, research, content, events and awards initiatives, we want to encourage more small businesses to secure vital investment and associated support to scale up and become great businesses.
Hear from some of last year’s winners:
“To be named Best P2P Business Lender is testament to the significant strides we have made since our launch in 2014. LendingCrowd exists to help alleviate the funding gap facing the UK’s vital community of SMEs, and we’re delighted to have received this recognition at the Growth Finance Awards.”
Stuart Lunn, Founder and CEO, LendingCrowd
Winner – Best P2P Business Lender
“We were honoured to be nominated and to come away having won two awards is an incredible achievement – we’re immensely proud. A huge amount of hard work has gone into making Capital on Tap what it is today and building a platform to support tens-of-thousands of SMEs all over the UK. Thanks to our staff, our partners and most importantly, our customers, for making this possible.”
David Luck, CEO, Capital on Tap
Winner – Business Growth Enabler
For more information about Intelligent Partnership or the Growth Finance Awards, or to arrange interviews, please contact the Events team:
[t]: 0203 375 1700